This 3+2 program will consist of three years of undergraduate coursework in the BS in Public Health where you will complete core public health courses, followed by two years of the MS coursework including directed research and a culminating experience.
All courses are 3 credit hours unless otherwise indicated.
- PUB 101 Introduction to Public Health
- PUB 102 Historical and Contemporary Public Health Problems
- PUB 200-level
- Select two (2) 200-level PUB courses numbered 200-279
- total of 6 credit hours minimum
- PUB 310 Biological, Personal, and Environmental Influences on Health and Disease
- PUB 315 Asking and Answering Scientific Questions in Public Health (4 credits)
- PUB 320 Models and Mechanisms for Understanding Public Health Issues
- PUB 325 Interventions to Improve Public Health
- PUB 330 Systems and Policies for Public Health
Students in the Public Health BS are waived from the following major requirements if admitted to the 3+2 program:
- PUB 300/400 Select three 300/400-level PUB courses numbered 340-379 or 400-479 (total of 9 credits)
- PUB 494 Capstone: Modern Public Health Problems and Solutions (4 credits)
Students entering the major take a Communication Literacy II course.
- ENG 285 Writing in the Health Sciences