Interested students should meet with an academic advisor two semesters before applying to ensure their eligibility. Advisors confirm student eligibility before their BS/MS applications are reviewed by the MS committee.
Apply to the MS portion of the combined program. There is a UB application fee of $50.
Students cannot apply to the MS portion of the combined degree unless they have been previously accepted into UB's BS in Public Health. Students who are not in the BS in Public Health at UB can still apply to the Community Health and Health Behavior MS program.
Apply by January 15. Applications are accepted for fall admissions only.
Learn about financial assistance, including types of aid, deadlines and submitting financial aid applications.
Criteria for acceptance into the Public Health BS/MS:
- Enrolled in the University at Buffalo’s BS in Public Health
- Overall minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.25
- Overall minimum GPA in BS in Public Health courses (PUB-prefix courses) of 3.25
- Completion of 3 of the 5 core curriculum courses with a minimum GPA of 3.5 in each course; students with a GPA of 3.25 may also be considered to apply (Note: all 5 courses must be completed with a GPA of 3.5 in each course before students can begin the MS):
- PUB 310 Health and Disease: Biological, Personal and Environmental Influences
- PUB 315 Asking and Answering Scientific Questions in Public Health
- PUB 320 Models and Mechanisms for Understanding Public Health
- PUB 325 Interventions to Address Public Health Problems
- PUB 330 Public Health Systems and Policies
- Personal statement submitted in the application
- Contact information for two references from faculty members
- At least one reference must be from a UB faculty member who teaches a PUB-prefix course
- Students must complete all remaining undergraduate courses required for the BS portion of the BS/MS before beginning the MS
- Students must complete a minimum of 107 undergraduate credits towards the BS in public health before they can begin the MS
Contact us at email@example.com or (716) 829-5000.