Learn about financial assistance, including types of aid, deadlines and submitting financial aid applications.
Applications are for fall semester admission only; there are no spring semester admissions.
Apply by July 15 through the SOPHAS application and pay the $50 UB application fee in addition to the SOPHAS fee (international students apply by April 1):
- MPH program
- MPH portion of the following combined programs
Apply by July 15 through the SOPHAS Express application and pay the $50 UB application fee in addition to the SOPHAS Express fee (international students apply by April 1):
- This is a streamlined application for former or current University at Buffalo students who graduated or are enrolled in one of the following programs:
- Bachelor’s program in psychology at the University at Buffalo with a minimum GPA of 3.25
- Bachelor’s program in Public Health at the University at Buffalo with a minimum GPA of 3.25
- Advanced Graduate Public Health Certificate at the University at Buffalo with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in all courses
- MPH portion of the DPT/MPH program
Apply by March 15 to the MSW/MPH program through the combined application.
Apply by January 15 to the BS-Public Health/MPH program for current eligible UB public health students only through the BS/MPH application.
Students are evaluated based on all materials submitted, and will be considered in the context of all of their accomplishments.
- A bachelor’s degree
- A GPA of 3.0 or above
- GRE examination with preferred scores in the 50th percentile for each category See exceptions for the GRE
- Personal Statement
- Contact information for 3 references
- Some programs require contact information for 2 references; please refer to your specific application for the number needed
- The following are highly recommended:
- One general biology course
- One health related science course (e.g., nutrition, anatomy, microbiology, or physiology)
- Two courses in behavioral sciences, including a course in sociology or social psychology, and a course in subjects such as sociology, anthropology, psychology, political science or economics
- Statistics or other quantitative coursework
Contact the graduate program coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org