Interested students should meet with an academic advisor two semesters before applying to ensure their eligibility. Advisors approve students before their BS/MPH applications are reviewed by the MPH committee.
Apply to the MPH portion of the combined program. There is a UB application fee of $50.
Students can not apply to the MPH portion of the combined degree unless they have been previously accepted into UB's BS in Public Health. Students who are not in the BS in Public Health at UB can still apply to the MPH through the standard admissions process.
Apply by January 15. Applications are accepted for fall admissions only.
Learn about financial assistance, including types of aid, deadlines and submitting financial aid applications.
Criteria for acceptance into the Public Health BS/MPH:
- Enrolled in the University at Buffalo’s BS in Public Health
- Overall minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.25
- Overall minimum GPA in BS in Public Health courses (PUB-prefix courses) of 3.25
- Completion of 3 of the 5 core curriculum courses with a minimum GPA of 3.5; students with a GPA of 3.25 may also be considered to apply (Note: all 5 courses must be completed before students can begin the MPH):
- PUB 310 Health and Disease: Biological, Personal and Environmental Influences
- PUB 315 Asking and Answering Scientific Questions in Public Health
- PUB 320 Models and Mechanisms for Understanding Public Health
- PUB 325 Interventions to Address Public Health Problems
- PUB 330 Public Health Systems and Policies
- Personal statement submitted in the application
- Contact information for two references from faculty members
- At least one reference must be from a UB faculty member who teaches a PUB-prefix course
- Students must complete all remaining undergraduate courses required for the BS portion of the BS/MPH before beginning the MPH
- Students must complete a minimum of 107 undergraduate credits towards the BS in public health before they can begin the MPH
Students applying to the MPH in Biostatistics must also obtain a 3.0 (B or better) in the following math courses: MTH 141, MTH 142, MTH 241 and MTH 309.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (716) 829-5000.