Apply online to the PhD program. The application is fast, easy and secure. A $50 non-refundable fee is required.
The online application will be available in early November for fall admission the following year; there are no spring semester admissions.
Apply by Feb. 1 for the fullest consideration for financial aid; we will accept applications after Feb. 1.
- A research graduate degree from an accredited college or university; a degree in a rehabilitation-related discipline is preferred but not required.
- Other graduate degrees and Bachelors’ degrees will be considered with research experience
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- GRE scores from within the past four years
- Review faculty research interests.
Faculty currently accepting PhD students to mentor include:
Before you submit your online application, ensure that you have all of the supplemental materials ready. All application materials must be submitted online.
- Personal Statement: Include a personal statement about why you want to enroll in the program and the specific area within the broad discipline of rehabilitation science that interests you most.
- Research Statement: Include a research statement that describes your research experience and your plan for research within the program. Please include your preference for faculty research mentor, with a statement of your mutual research interests and rationale for this decision.
- Secure three (3) professional recommendation letters from individuals who have worked closely with you and have considerable knowledge of your academic and/or research performance.
- Request that your official transcripts from each college or university you have attended are sent to the department.
- Request that your GRE scores are sent to the department.
When requesting your GRE scores, use these reporting codes: School 2925; Department 0618.
Interviews are required as part of the application review process.