UB students within the 3+3 ES BS / DPT track must complete all undergraduate courses necessary for the exercise science BS degree before entering the Graduate DPT Program.
UB students may also choose to earn the four-year exercise science BS degree prior entering the Graduate DPT Program. Please note, PTCAS application prerequisites and requirements for completion of the exercise science BS may differ.
Note: The 3+3 DPT only degree is no longer available.
A minimum GPA of 3.0 and a minimum grade of C- or better in all PTCAS application prerequisite coursework.
- ES 207 Human Form and Function or APY 345 Comparative Primate Anatomy and APY 346 Dissections in Comparative Primate Anatomy
- CHE 101 General Chemistry/CHE 113 Lab
- CHE 102 General Chemistry/CHE 114 Lab
- MTH 121 Survey of Calculus and its Applications I or MTH 131 Mathematical Analysis for Management or MTH 141 College Calculus I
- PGY 300 Human Physiology
- PHY 101 College Physics I
- PHY 151 College Physics I Lab
- PHY 102 College Physics II
- PHY 152 College Physics II Lab
- PSY 101 Introductory Psychology or PSY 322 Abnormal Psychology or PSY 336 Developmental Psychology or NSG 250 Human Growth and Development
- STA 119 Statistical Methods or PSY 207 Psychological Statistics
- ES 310 Practical Applications in Exercise Science and ES 381 Exercise Physiology Lab
- ES 342 Neuroscience
- ES 344 Neuroanatomy
- ES 370 Biomechanics I
- PAS 407 Gross Human Anatomy
- UB Exercise students may choose one of these courses for their PTCAS application. They must complete all three courses for their ES degree:
- ES 300 Theory of Athletic Injury I
- ES 330 Life Span Physiology
- ES 380 Exercise Physiology
A minimum GPA of 3.0 and a minimum grade of C- or better is required in all prerequisite coursework.
Applicants do not need to complete the gross anatomy or neuroscience prerequisites to apply to the program. If you have not completed the gross anatomy or neuroscience prerequisites, you must take these courses at UB in the summer before entering the DPT Program.
- General Anatomy
- Gross Anatomy
- Biomechanics (300/400 level)
- Chemistry I & II with lab
- 2 Exercise Physiology Courses (300/400 level)
- College level Pre-calculus or Calculus
- Neuroscience (300/400 level)
- Physics I & II with lab
- Human Physiology (300/400 level)
- Psychology (Child or Developmental Psychology is recommended but not required)
Undergraduate UB international students have the same prerequisite courses as any UB student applicant.
Non-UB international students applying to the Graduate DPT Program have the same prerequisite courses as any non-UB student applicant.