Applications to the graduate DPT program are for fall semester admission only; there are no spring semester admissions.
Apply by Nov. 1 through the PTCAS application, and pay the $50 UB application fee in addition to the PTCAS fee.
Applications and all required documents, including your GRE scores, must be submitted, linked and verified by PTCAS by Oct. 1. Please be aware that verification of applications can take up to four weeks.
You will be provided with an admissions decision in mid to late February.
Students are evaluated based on all materials submitted and will be considered in the context of all their accomplishments.
- A GPA of 3.0 or above in prerequisite courses.
- GRE scores of 295 (inclusive of verbal and quantitative). The analytical writing portion is not included in the total score but is required.
- Volunteer Observation Hours--40 hours of volunteer experience under a licensed physical therapist. Documentation of volunteer experience is part of the PTCAS application.
- Personal Statement.
- Contact information for two references
- One reference must be from a physical therapist.
- An additional reference can be from any one of the following: another physical therapist, a professor in your major, professor, a PTA, pre-PT advisor, health care professional or clergy.
- The following references are NOT accepted: References from a teaching assistant, friend, family member, co-worker or anyone not on the approved list provided above.
The following additional information can be found at PTCAS.org:
Questions about the PTCAS application and applying to the DPT program?
Please email Jaclyn Levesque, admissions and enrollment coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Mary Ann Venezia, program coordinator, at email@example.com.