Apply online to the MPH program using the Schools of Public Health
Application Service (SOPHAS) application form. You will also
need to pay the $50
UB application fee; this is in addition to the SOPHAS
This is also the application form to use for the MPH portion of
combined degree programs: JD/MPH, MBA/MPH, MD/MPH, MUP/MPH and
If you are applying to the MSW/MPH program, complete the
Apply by July 15.
Learn more about financial
assistance, including types of aid, deadlines and submitting
financial aid applications.
Applications are for fall semester admission only; there are no
spring semester admissions.
Students are evaluated based on all materials submitted, and
will be considered in the context of all of their
- A bachelor’s degree
- A GPA of 3.0 or above
- Minimum GRE scores in the 50th percentile for each
- Highly recommended are:
- One general biology course
- One health related science course (e.g., nutrition, anatomy,
microbiology, or physiology)
- One college level mathematics course (e.g., calculus or
statistics) and at least two years of high school algebra
- Two courses in behavioral sciences, including a course in
sociology or social psychology, and a course in subjects such as
anthropology, psychology, political science or economics
- A basic computing course
Before you submit your online
application, ensure that you have all of the supplemental
- Request that your official transcripts from each college or
university you have attended are sent to UB.
- Request that your GRE scores are sent to UB.
When requesting your GRE scores, use these reporting codes:
School 2925; Department 0606
- Submit contact information for 3 references into the online
application. References should be individuals who know the
applicant from an academic, research or work perspective, ideally
in areas related to the graduate program they are applying to. At
least one letter should be from an academic institution.
- Provide a personal statement describing your interest in public
health, your relevant background and experience and your career
Contact Karen DeGarmo at firstname.lastname@example.org or