Our resources that will help you succeed at UB include:
- One of the best and most thorough international students’ orientation programs offered by any U.S. university
- A mentoring program for new international students
- World-class learning and research opportunities
- Many opportunities to be involved in campus life, including international and local clubs and activities
In addition to being an affordable, friendly and fun city, Buffalo welcomes and respects international students.
Apply online to the PhD program. The application is fast, easy and secure. A $50 non-refundable fee is required.
The online application will be available in early November for fall admission the following year; there are no spring semester admissions.
Apply by Feb. 1 for the fullest consideration for financial aid; we will accept applications after Feb. 1.
Before you submit your online application, ensure that you have all of the supplemental materials ready. All application materials must be submitted online.
- Submit a copy of your biographical page (with picture) from your passport.
- Personal Statement: Include a personal statement about why you want to enroll in the program and the specific area within the broad discipline of rehabilitation science that interests you most.
- Research Statement: Include a research statement that describes your research experience and your plan for research within the program. Please include your preference for faculty research mentor, with a statement of your mutual research interests and rationale for this decision.
- Secure three (3) professional recommendation letters from individuals who have worked closely with you and have considerable knowledge of your academic and/or research performance.
- Request that your official transcripts from each college or university that you have attended are sent to the department.
- Request that your GRE scores are sent to the department.
When requesting your GRE scores, use these reporting codes: School 2925; Department 0618
- Request that your TOEFL scores are sent to the department.
When requesting your TOEFL scores, use these reporting codes: School 2925; Department 44
- Complete the International Applicant Financial Form and provide an original, official bank statement documenting at least $42,452 in U.S. funds dated within one year of the date of enrollment.
Interviews are required as part of the application review process.
Nadine Fisher, EdD, program director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.