Apply online to the PhD program. The application is fast, easy and secure. A $50 non-refundable fee is required.
The online application will be available in early September for fall admission the following year; there are no spring semester admissions.
Applications are due by December 15.
Apply by December 15 for the fullest consideration for financial aid.
- A research graduate degree from an accredited college or university; a degree in a rehabilitation-related discipline is preferred but not required.
- Other graduate degrees and bachelor's degrees will be considered with research experience
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- GRE scores from within the past four years
- Review faculty research interests
Faculty currently accepting PhD students to mentor include
Before you submit your online application, ensure that you have all of the supplemental materials ready. All application materials must be submitted online.
- Personal Statement: Include a personal statement about why you want to enroll in the program and the specific area within the broad discipline of rehabilitation science that interests you most.
- Research Statement: Include a research statement that describes your research experience and your plan for research within the program. Please include your preference for faculty research mentor, with a statement of your mutual research interests and rationale for this decision.
- Secure three (3) professional recommendation letters from individuals who have worked closely with you and have considerable knowledge of your academic and/or research performance.
- Request that your official transcripts from each college or university you have attended are sent to the department.
- Request that your GRE scores are sent to the department.
When requesting your GRE scores, use these reporting codes: School 2925; Department 0618.
Interviews are required as part of the application review process.