As one of the United States’ most global universities, the
University at Buffalo is home to more than 4,500 students from 110
countries. We value international students as members of our
community and will provide outstanding support services for
Our resources that will help you succeed at UB
- One of the best and most thorough international students’
orientation programs offered by any U.S. university
- A mentoring program for new international students
- World-class learning and research opportunities
Many opportunities to be involved in campus life, including
international and local clubs and activities. In addition to being
an affordable, friendly and fun city, Buffalo
welcomes and respects international students.
Your first step will be to apply to UB as an undergraduate. Submit an
online application early in the fall of your senior year of high
school for fall semester admission. Applying to UB online is fast,
easy and secure. Choose the Common Application or the State
University of New York (SUNY) application. A $50 non-refundable fee
is required with each option.
In your freshman and sophomore years, you’ll complete the
lower division prerequisite courses of the exercise
science program. You’ll then apply to the upper division
in January of your sophomore year. After you have completed one
year of coursework, you’ll be eligible to apply for the
graduate professional portion of the DPT program.
Apply online to the DPT program. The
application is fast, easy and secure. A $50 non-refundable fee is
Apply by Nov. 1 to be considered for the class that
enters the following August; admission decisions will be mailed by
- Completion of the two years of lower division prerequisite
courses and one year of the upper division professional
sequence in UB’s exercise science program, or approved
equivalent prerequisites from another institution
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 and a minimum grade of C or better in all
- Minimum GRE score of 295
- A minimum TOEFL score of 79 (Internet-based) or 550
- Completion of UB’s
general education requirements
Please review the Technical Standards for Admission, Promotion and
Graduation if you will require reasonable accommodation to
complete certain tasks during your time at UB.
Before you submit your online application, which includes an
essay, ensure that you have all of the supplemental materials
- Secure two recommendation forms from individuals who have
worked closely with you and have considerable knowledge of your
- Please secure the names and email addresses of the individuals
asked to provide recommendations. The program will directly contact
these individuals for their evaluation of your potential to
successfully complete the program. Hardcopies of reference letters
are no longer required.
- Complete the International
Applicant Financial Form for the DPT Program
- Request that official transcripts from each college or
university you have attended are sent to the department.
- If you transferred into UB’s exercise science program and
were given credit for courses taken elsewhere which appear on your
Academic Advising Report (AAR) form, you do not need to send
- Request that your GRE scores, taken within five years of the
date of application, are sent to the department.
When requesting your GRE scores, use these reporting codes: School
2925; Department 0619
- Request that your TOEFL score, taken within three months of the
date of application, is sent to the department.
When requesting your TOEFL score, use these reporting codes:
School 2925; Department 48
Contact MaryAnn Venezia, program coordinator, at email@example.com