How do I pay research participants?

How do I use checks to pay research participants?

In order to use checks to pay participants, you must establish a checking account. The Bank Account Request form, the Subject Fee Checking Authorization form and the Subject Fee Checking Account Agreement form must be completed.

Are participants required to provide their social security numbers for payment?

Social Security numbers are not required unless there are study participants who will earn $600 or more over a calendar year. The Research Foundation is required to send a 1099 tax form to those individuals earning $600 or more for tax reporting purposes.