The undergraduate major in public health consists of 41 credit hours of coursework in public health, plus an additional 19 credit hours of coursework from other disciplines.
All courses are 3 credit hours unless otherwise indicated.
- PUB 101 Introduction to Public Health
- PUB 102 Historical and Contemporary Public Health Problems
- PUB 200-level
- Select two (2) 200-level PUB courses numbered 200-279
(total of 6 credit hours minimum)
- PUB 310 Biological, Personal, and Environmental Influences on Health and Disease
- PUB 315 Asking and Answering Scientific Questions in Public Health (4 credits)
- PUB 320 Models and Mechanisms for Understanding Public Health Issues
- PUB 325 Interventions to Improve Public Health
- PUB 330 Systems and Policies for Public Health
- PUB 300/400
- Select three (3) 300/400-level PUB courses numbered 340-379 or 400-479 (total of 9 credit hours minimum)
- PUB 494 Capstone: Modern Public Health Problems and Solutions (4 credits)
Students entering the major take a Communication Literacy II course.
- ENG 285 Writing in the Health Sciences