Kimball Tower is named after Stockton Kimball, a nationally
known educator and community leader who was dean of the School of
Medicine from 1946-1958. The building, formerly a residence hall,
now houses administration, faculty and staff offices, as well as
classrooms and labs within the SPHHP.
Farber Hall is named after Sidney Farber (1904-1973), a UB
graduate who later served as a faculty member at Harvard Medical
School. The building holds classrooms, wet labs and faculty and
staff offices within the SPHHP. Farber Hall is also occupied by
departments in the School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences.
Sherman Hall is named after DeWitt Halsey Sherman (1884-1976),
the first pediatrics professor at the Medical School in 1909. The
building is primarily occupied by departments in the School of
Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, but is also used by the SPHHP for
faculty offices and lab space.
Diefendorf Hall houses several large lecture halls as well as
other centrally scheduled classrooms and labs used by the
Diefendorf Annex houses the Department of Rehabilitation Science
and the Department of Exercise and Nutrition Science teaching