As one of the United States’ most global universities, the
University at Buffalo is home to more than 4,500 students from 110
countries. We value international students as members of our
community and will provide outstanding support services for
- One of the best and most thorough international students’
orientation programs offered by any U.S. university
- A mentoring program for new international students
- World-class learning and research opportunities
- Many opportunities to be involved in campus life, including
international and local clubs and activities
In addition to being an affordable, friendly and fun city, Buffalo-Niagara welcomes
and respects international students.
Apply online to the MPH program using the Schools of Public Health
Application Service (SOPHAS) application form. You will also
need to pay the $50
UB application fee; this is in addition to the SOPHAS
The SOPHAS application is also the form to use to apply to the
MPH portion of any combined degree programs with the exception of
If you are applying to the MSW/MPH program, complete
the combined application.
Apply by April 1. Applications are for fall semester admission
only; there are no spring semester admissions.
Before you submit your online application, ensure that you have
all of the supplemental materials ready.
- Request that your official transcripts from each college or
university you have attended are sent to UB.
- Request that your GRE scores are sent to UB.
When requesting your GRE scores, use these reporting codes:
School 2925; Department 0606
- Request that your TOEFL scores are sent to the
When requesting your TOEFL scores, use these reporting codes:
School 2925; Department 50
- Submit contact information for 3 references into the online
application. References should be individuals who know the
applicant from an academic, research or work perspective, ideally
in areas related to the graduate program they are applying to. At
least one letter should be from an academic institution.
- Provide a personal statement in the online application
describing your interest in public health, your relevant background
and experience and your career goals.
- Provide a copy of the biographical page of your passport.
- Complete the International
Applicant Financial Form and provide an original, official bank
statement documenting at least $40,111 in U.S. funds dated within
one year of the date of enrollment.