Apply online to the MPH program using the Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS) application form. You will also need to pay the $50 UB application fee; this is in addition to the SOPHAS application fee.
This is also the application form to use for the MPH portion of combined degree programs: JD/MPH, MBA/MPH, MD/MPH, MUP/MPH and PharmD/MPH.
If you are applying to the MSW/MPH program, complete the combined application.
Apply by July 15.
Learn more about financial assistance, including types of aid, deadlines and submitting financial aid applications.
Applications are for fall semester admission only; there are no spring semester admissions.
Students are evaluated based on all materials submitted, and will be considered in the context of all of their accomplishments.
- A bachelor’s degree
- A GPA of 3.0 or above
- Minimum GRE scores in the 50th percentile for each category
- Highly recommended are:
- One general biology course
- One health related science course (e.g., nutrition, anatomy, microbiology, or physiology)
- One college level mathematics course (e.g., calculus or statistics) and at least two years of high school algebra
- Two courses in behavioral sciences, including a course in sociology or social psychology, and a course in subjects such as anthropology, psychology, political science or economics
- A basic computing course
Before you submit your online application, ensure that you have all of the supplemental materials ready.
- Request that your official transcripts from each college or university you have attended are sent to UB.
- Request that your GRE scores are sent to UB.
When requesting your GRE scores, use these reporting codes: School 2925; Department 0606
- Submit contact information for 3 references into the online application. References should be individuals who know the applicant from an academic, research or work perspective, ideally in areas related to the graduate program they are applying to. At least one letter should be from an academic institution.
- Provide a personal statement describing your interest in public health, your relevant background and experience and your career goals.
Contact Karen DeGarmo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-829-5364