Learn more about financial assistance, including types of aid, deadlines and submitting financial aid applications.
Applications are for fall semester admission only; there are no spring semester admissions.
Apply by July 15 through the SOPHAS application and pay the $50 UB application fee in addition to the SOPHAS fee (international students apply by April 1):
- MPH program
- MPH portion of the following combined programs
Apply by July 15 through the SOPHAS Express application and pay the $50 UB application fee in addition to the SOPHAS Express fee (international students apply by April 1):
- This is a streamlined application for former or current University at Buffalo students who graduated or are enrolled in one of the following programs:
- Bachelor’s program in psychology at the University at Buffalo with a minimum GPA of 3.25
- Bachelor’s program in Public Health at the University at Buffalo with a minimum GPA of 3.25
- Advanced Graduate Public Health Certificate at the University at Buffalo with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in all courses
Apply by January 15 to the BS-Public Health/MPH program for current eligible UB public health students only through the BS/MPH application.
Students are evaluated based on all materials submitted, and will be considered in the context of all of their accomplishments.
- A bachelor’s degree
- A GPA of 3.0 or above
- Minimum GRE scores in the 50th percentile for each category. View exceptions for the GRE
- Highly recommended are:
- One general biology course
- One health related science course (e.g., nutrition, anatomy, microbiology, or physiology)
- One college level mathematics course (e.g., calculus or statistics; calculus is preferred for students concentrating in epidemiology) and at least two years of high school algebra
- Two courses in behavioral sciences, including a course in sociology or social psychology, and a course in subjects such as anthropology, psychology, political science or economics
Before you submit your online application, ensure that you have all of the supplemental materials ready.
- Request that your official transcripts from each college or university you have attended are sent to UB.
- Request that your GRE scores are sent to UB.
When requesting your GRE scores, use these reporting codes: School 2925; Department 0606
- Submit contact information for 3 references into the online application. References should be individuals who know the applicant from an academic, research or work perspective, ideally in areas related to the graduate program they are applying to. At least one letter should be from an academic institution.
- Some programs require contact information for 2 references; please refer to your specific application for the number needed
- Provide a personal statement describing your interest in public health, your relevant background and experience and your career goals.