With relevant prior experience and/or graduate education, you may be able to request waivers for:
- EEH 520 Biological Basis of Public Health
- CHB 544 Field Training
If you are a public health professional with relevant prior experience, you can request a field training waiver by completing Waiver Request for Field Training Credit Based on Previous Public Health Experience and the concentration-specific form.
To be eligible for a waiver, your prior experience must have been:
- A public health experience. This may include assessing, monitoring or conducting surveillance of health problems or services in a population; establishing health objectives and priorities for populations/groups; conducting research on population-based health problems; developing policies and intervention strategies to meet public health needs; participating in disease prevention and health promotion programs; or studying the natural history of disease or health-related effects in a population. Individual patient care in a hospital, clinic or physician office setting is not sufficient to be considered public health experience.
- Relevant to your MPH concentration.
- A cohesive, focused experience of appropriate quality as determined by your MPH concentration director.
- Of sufficient duration—at least 120 hours in a single cohesive experience for a 3 credit waiver.